Step Three: Get Signed Up
The Next Step Encounter is a retreat and life-changing experience that allows everyone to personally encounter God’s power and reality.
In the meantime, this final step introduces you to the Encounter and what you can expect from it.
What is an encounter?
- An encounter with Jesus is the most wonderful experience any person can have. When God created man, He left an empty place in his heart which can only be filled by Himself. We will remain restless until we find our rest in Him.
- People used by God in the Bible and in Church history all had an “encounter”.
- Jacob encountered the Lord when his life and all he had were threatened at Peniel, Genesis 32:22-30.
- Moses had an encounter with the Lord in the burning bush, Exodus 3.
- Gideon was threshing wheat in the winepress when the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, Judges 6:11-27.
- Isaiah was taken up into the throne-room of the Lord and beheld the glory of the Lord “in the year that King Uzziah died”, Isaiah 6:1-13.
- Saul of Tarsus was struck down and blinded for three days and three nights when the Lord Jesus Christ arrested him and revealed Himself to him as he journeyed on the road to Damascus to persecute those who believed in the Lord, Acts 9:1-19.
- What were the results of their encounter with the Lord?
- Their lives were changed from the inside out.
- They found their true calling and purpose in life.
- They were filled with a new love for the Lord and a new passion to share the love and salvation of Christ to those who did not know Him
What can you expect from the “Next Step Encounter”?
- You can also expect a similar encounter with Jesus that will:
- Transform your life.
- Reveal your true calling and purpose in life.
- Fill you with a new love for Jesus and a passion to share the Gospel.
- Everyone can experience this because God is no respecter of persons.
- You will receive a vision of a life of blessing that will also bless many people
How can I be prepared?
- The most important preparation is that of your heart.
- The Lord is already at work in you. The Holy Spirit is stirring a desire in your heart to know the real meaning and purpose in life. Partner with the Lord, do not resist Him. Let Him develop a deep desire in you to know the truth –the truth about Jesus Christ, about yourself, life and death and eternity.
- The most important preparation you can make is to seek God with a sincere and a humble heart. “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble . . . Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” – James 4:6,8
- Make space in your heart for Jesus to have His way in your life. You can do so by praying out the words below and meaning them from your heart.
“Dear God, I confess I am a sinner. I have sinned against you with my words, my actions and the wrong desires of my heart. Please forgive me. I know now that Jesus Christ is the sinless Son of God. He died on the Cross to save me from my sins. With Your help, I open up my heart and receive Him into my life as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!”