How Do I Know For Sure?
When you become a Christian, there is an assurance of salvation, and many promises from God that you can claim for yourself. Your life changes and there is a greater desire for the things of God.
What does God promise?
- Eternal life
For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
- Forgiveness of sins
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. – 1 John 1:9
- Belonging as a son or daughter
But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. – John 1:12
- Spiritual blessings
And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering. – Romans 8:17
How does salvation look like in my life?
- You have a new mindset about sin, God and Jesus Christ (Matthew 4:17).
- You have a new beginning (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Guilt and shame of your past sins are removed (Romans 5:1).
- You are gradually or immediately no longer stuck in old sinful habits and desires (Ephesians 1:7).
What are the signs that I am saved?
- A hunger to read and study the Bible.
- A desire to be in church or with other Christians.
- A knowledge and desire to live life God’s way.
- A desire to tell others about what Christ has done for you.
Talk about it:
- What are some signs that you relate with?
- What are some ways you can start living in God’s blessings for you?