4th Aug, Wednesday
MOVING FORWARD IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
All of God’s children are empowered by the Holy Spirit and gifted with supernatural abilities to edify, strengthen, display His power, and meet people’s needs: We are ordinary, empowered to be extraordinary; As each of us position ourselves to ask, receive and activate our supernatural gifts, His church will prevail – even in dark and tumultuous times.
- Ask for a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit
– Take time daily to be renewed by the Holy Spirit
- As a church, we will desire for more of the gifts of the Holy Spirit
– Ask God for the gift of faith, discerning spirit, etc.
- We would activate the power of the Holy Spirit wherever we are
– There will be miracles, signs & wonders in our meetings
– We will be empowered with boldness and confidence to share our personal testimony
– We would be sensitive to the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit