4th Aug, Wednesday
MOVING FORWARD IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
All God’s children are empowered by the Holy Spirit and gifted with supernatural abilities to edify one another, meet needs and display His power. We are ordinary, yet extraordinary. As we position ourselves to ask, receive and activate our supernatural gifts, we will prevail – even in dark and tumultuous times.
- Ask for a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit
– Take time daily to be renewed by the Holy Spirit
- As a church, we will desire the gifts of the Holy Spirit
– Ask God for the gift of faith, discernment, wisdom and knowledge, etc.
- We would activate the power of the Holy Spirit in every situation
– There will be miracles, signs & wonders in our meetings
– Filled with boldness to share our testimony
– We would listen to the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit